Monday, April 21, 2008

Big Blue... Thingy



"OR is the boldest installation at the Milan International Furniture Fair 2008, a vortex-shaped surface which reacts to sunlight. The polygonal segments of the surface react to ultra-violet light, mapping the position and intensity of solar rays. When in the shade, the segments of OR are translucent white. However, when hit by sunlight they become coloured, flooding the space below with different hues of light. At night, OR transforms into an enormous ‘chandelier’, disseminating light into the surrounding courtyard, an atmospheric space for events and gatherings."

Dezeen

Whatever, it just looks cool and if I lived in Italy and my house had a courtyard I'd SO get one of these.

So I don't know about you, but I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was pretty lazy and the kids were angry soul devouring zombies for most of the morning, but I still managed to get a lot of work done and felt fairly sane afterwards. They even behaved when we took them out for dinner that night (of their own accord, they ignored the countless threats of going back home to eat bread and water.)

Sunday started out a little rocky. I sat down at the computer and realized my beloved off-spring had once again made my dock disappear. If you don't have a Mac, the dock is a line of application icons across the bottom of the screen, kinda like your start menu, just much cooler. Anyway, in only the way a 3 and 4 year old can by randomly clicking the mouse, they made it disappear. Again. And it's not like I can just go into the dock preferences and bring it back, oh no. That would be too easy. I don't know what the hell they do but I have to actually restart to bring it back.

Anyway, after that, Bernadette suggested I should go out for a bike ride. And that was good since I really did need some exercise and alone time made me feel much better. AND THEN, I came home and saw that Jodi from Jodiferous linked to me on her blog which totally made me feel like one of the cool kids.

AND THEN, it was off to the in-laws for Liam's birthday feast.



You'll notice that cousin Michelle is the only one decorating the cake. The boys decided eating the sprinkles out of the bowl would save time.

Finally, I shave my head religiously every Sunday. Religiously. Sunday. Heh heh, get it? Anyway, yesterday I never got around to it and now I just know it's going to throw my juju off until I can cut it. And look, it's Monday now. See! Oh well, it's not like when it grows out it just emphasizes my receding hair line. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.