Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Where's The Wii?

We decided to get a Nintendo Wii for the boys this Christmas. They love video games but Dad's Xbox is a little too gratuitously violent for their young and impressionable minds. The Wii has lots of children related games and is a lot more interactive than other systems. Don't get me wrong, we're not trying to raise couch sloths here, but the kids need something to do during the day. It started raining on the September long weekend and it won't stop until May. There's only so much they can do outside in this weather.

Anyway, just try finding a Wii right now. I've checked all the flyers for Future Shop, Bestbuy, Walmart yadda yadda yadda, nobody has them. They have the games and various controllers but not the actual system. Even the online stores don't have them. You can order them off Amazon but they're starting at $100 more than their normal price, and you have to wait.

So yes, I have well over a month before Christmas, but you know what's going to happen. Nintendo is probably sitting on tonnes of them but they're going to hold off until December before dumping them back on the market so they can build up media hype. Thanks bastards. I really want to be one of those suckers fighting Xmas traffic, parking lots and last minute hype shoppers. November the 7th and I'm already feeling the spirit of Christmas. : P

1 comment:

  1. Zoo Keeper,
    Just use my site NowInStock.net. Sign up for email alerts and as soon I see they are in stock I will email you. Click on the link in the email and it will take you right to the store to purchase. You select the stores you wish to receive alerts for. You still need to be quick mind you, but I will do my best to get you the alerts as quickly as possible. Saves you from running around like an idiot on Sunday mornings and waiting in lines at 4:00 AM. Again, NowInStock.net.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.