Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Theft, Cravings and the Love Train

Me: How was school today?
Liam (my four year old): I didn't start any trouble!

randomtuesday

I was short on ideas for todays post so I thought it would be easier to just steal from other people. I stole this from my sister.



I think the world would be a better place if the afro came back.

I started this during Supreme Leader's first trimester and then forgot about it. Just as well since it would be a small book by now.
I'm craving:
1. Congee 2. Mushroom burger 3. Noodles 4. Chocolate milkshake 5. Pho 6. Mom's curry 7. Coke 8. Coffee 9. Pancakes 10. Sausages 11. Chowder 12. Sushi 13. Hot Dogs 14. Steak 15. Onion Rings 16. Noodles 17. Fried Chicken 18. Monty Mushroom Burger 19. Cinnamon buns 20. Potato skins 21. Tempura 22. Chicken pie 23. Chicken fingers and fries 24. Pancakes 25. Potatoes 26. Sausages 27. Scones 28. Fish & chips 29. Breakfast 30. Sushi 31. Pasta 32. Chicken 33. Rugelah 34. French butter cookies 35. Big Mac 36. Moule frites 37. Tacos 39. Saganaki 40. Steak 41. Crepes 42. Coke 43. Clam chowder 44. Steak 45. Sea salted fries 46. Pumpkin pie 47. Brownies

Meh, borrowing from others is so much easier. I got this from Robin at Cinnamon and Honey. I can't count the number of time my kids watched this yesterday.



Maybe I should have just skipped it today.

If you're a new visitor to Us & Them you may be shaking your head at this point. Random Tuesday is the creation of Keely over at The Un Mom. It's a weekly post where you can just dump all the random thoughts that have been floating through your head for the week or whatever else you like. No rules. Click on the link or the purple button up top for more.

*If you're from somewhere, um... else and can't see those videos, try searching "soul train dance line" and "love train" for the first one and "Ok Go" and "this too shall pass" for the second.

Oh, and PS to many of the new followers I've picked up. I think I've managed to get back to everyone of you know, but there were quite a few of you with the fancy schmancy blog designs that I couldn't comment on because the box for the word verification disappears behind some of the design so you can't actually input the word. No comments lately and you can't figure out why? Try leaving a comment on your own page. Also, whaddup with not having a link back to your own page? There are lots of faces up there that I click on and get a nice list of everybody else they follow but no link back to them. What's with that? I want to love you back. I really really do.

42 comments:

  1. That soul train video was awesome. Not so much the second one though.

    That's one hell of a list of cravings man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you I'd just follow the cravings. Diet tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that This Too shall Pass video. i saw watching it with my mouth open. some people really do have too much time on their hands, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of us were here before you got all famouser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afro is the way forward, without a doubt. Let the soul train ride with me on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a good day when you don't start any trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allllriiiiiight! I can let my afro grow back! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why don't people ever crave crudites or bran flakes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Soul Train. Disco is my secret lover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That marble thing is really cool. Nice theft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see how the OK Go video would capture their attention. I'll have to make sure I have an evening to spare before I show it to mine. Hope you're adjusting well to your new found fame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. is that all one meal? smiles.

    i did not start any trouble...good, now did you finish any?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, now I'm craving cinnamon buns too.

    And it's almost 7:30 so it's a perfect time to have one!

    Thanks for hitting up my blog and following! (:

    Kaylaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooooooooul Train! I used to watch that every Saturday morning after cartoons... have no idea why but they seemed to be having fun. Then my mom would come in the room and turn it off because gyrating my hips was a sin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My 6 yr old is obsessed with Rube Goldberg devices & now I know how to keep him busy later. Many thanks for the video

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Liam. That kid is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always great to hear "I didn't start any trouble". Then different parenting styles kick in to respond either, "Oh, really?", "Who did start trouble today?" "Then why is your shirt covered with paint?" or " I know you didn't, sweetie".

    My standby was always a heartfelt and simple "Good".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait, are you sure you're not the pregnant one? That's one sweet list of cravings!
    PS- Thanks for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats how I end everyday "well at least I didnt start any trouble" lmao ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We just bought our youngest a shirt from Target that has "I DIDN'T DO IT!" spelled out in fingerprints on it-lol!

    I saw the Ok Go video over at Cinnamon and Honey yesterday, but that Soul Train clip is equally awesome! Makes me wanna go watch Jesus Christ Superstar and Hairspray now...

    P.S. The list of Supreme Leader's pregnancy cravings is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude if you follow SL cravings you'll have an arse the size of a VW minibus. And you won't be able to call it "baby weight" either. (just ask PB)

    I love a good Rube Goldgberg.That one was fun.

    Oh, and the afro? Never went out of style, as far as I'm concerned. Go get your pick. You know you still have it. On your dresser, next to your velcro wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I have a reverse Afro. Would love to have hair again.

    I would take a gander based upon the cravings of SL that you are going to have a girl.

    Thanks for your randomness,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good point. I'll grow one right now... Done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rugelah?? really?? Someone craves rugelah?? I'm not even sure if that's real. I've never seen it, never tasted it. It's like unicorns or leprechauns.

    I agree on the followers thing---I really want to show appreciation for someone clicking that Follow button, but sometimes they make it hard for me to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! I love the craving list. Are you sure that Supreme Leader and my 18 year son are not one and the same? He is always begging for Pho and curry. Maybe we could get them together....for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw that OK,Go vid a couple of days ago too. Very cool. There is also the treadmill one which I had never watched.

    There is a dad blogger who I had to go through that comment hassle with for several months. I was the stupid one though, since I never emailed him and let him know it was all screwed up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I forgot how silly, interesting, dopey, weird dancing was in the 70's. Love the O'Jays tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey superfly famous guy ~

    BTW, for the record I have that exact red plaid pants and yellow vest combo. And, yes, I look good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What I really miss about the 70s is the fashion. The polyester, sweater vests (wait those are kinda back)and the patch work pants. I had a pair of bell bottoms in the 4th grade that were so wide, they could have hidden a herd of cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  30. People all over the world, join hands, start a love train, love train.
    And THAT'S in my head now..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for....flinging a craving on me for all your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  32. you are brilliant.



    now don't start any trouble today, mister.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL "I didn't start any trouble" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Shit! I forgot to start some trouble today. My memory is going.

    ReplyDelete
  35. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/i-want-my-old-friends-back-awards/

    two beautiful awards for you,
    thank you for commenting when I started blogging in late November or Early December...

    take good care.
    Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much! I have been laid up sick all day and the Ok Go video made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I want a fro. I think I could pull it off too.

    I have been seeing that on a lot of blogs too. The captcha thing disappearing. Oddness.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yes! Bring back the afro! The I didn't start any trouble line cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So wait, that's a list of all the stuff YOU'VE been craving, not SL? Oh hold on, Eclipse trailer just came on... K, I'm back... that's all I had...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Robin's video was kickass, I watched it a few times when she first posted it. Didn't think to show it to the kids but I'm all for cheap entertainment.

    Does SL approve of you posting her menu choices for all to read? Be nice. She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What I really miss about the 70s is the fashion. The polyester, sweater vests (wait those are kinda back)and the patch work pants. I had a pair of bell bottoms in the 4th grade that were so wide, they could have hidden a herd of cattle.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.