Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Connor



Hello Connor,

This is you and your brother sharing a strawberry milk shake at the White Spot on New Year's Day 2008. Hopefully, if all goes to plan, you'll be reading this from a book I plan to make for you. I had started one for you way back in October of 2003, before you were even born, but that didn't work out so well. It seemed like a fun idea, but writing things down in a big book and adding pictures and things was a lot easier before you were born. Afterwards I just kept forgetting to update it and eventually gave up. Tried to start one for your brother too but all I managed to do for his was buy the book. Anyway, writing to you this way, in a blog I can access anywhere, is much easier. We'll see what happens. Oh, and your auntie Dizzy is going to scan the original book for me. I'll add it in here once I get it.

So, this is you on the first day of 2008. You are four years old. We're having lunch at the White Spot which is your favourite restaurant because of the macaroni. Macaroni is your favourite food. Either Kraft or White Spot, but not your mother's. I think she's gotten over it though. Your second favourite food is spaghetti carbonara which you call white spaghetti. Aside from that, unless its a cookie or candy of some sort, you hate all food. Your brother will eat practically anything, you, you are difficult.

You've also got some anger management "issues" right now. I don't know if it's something to do with being four or its just you, but your anger is a big part of you at the moment. Liam is more like me when he's upset. He gets really mad and then its over and forgotten. You are more like my dad and brother and your auntie Dizzy. You hold onto that anger and don't let go. Hopefully its just a phase and not something we've done to mess up your head. Well, we're working on it anyway. That and stopping you from becoming a couch potato. You are an inside boy. Whenever we suggest going out for a walk its like we've invited you out to the doctor's for rabies shots.

Anyway, that's you on the first day of 2008.

1 comment:

  1. LOL.

    "You are more like my dad and brother and your auntie Dizzy. You hold onto that anger and don't let go."

    Just remember that!!!! I will come to haunt you. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.