Sunday, December 9, 2007

Overheard At Canadian Tire

(If you're not from Canada, think big-box retailer that sells everything but started out selling car parts)

Saturday afternoon we were out shopping for... everything. I had the boys in a cart and was headed towards the check out when I passed another father with his three kids. As we passed I heard him muttering "...and if your mom had her cell phone turned on, we'd be able to find her in here, but of course..."

I feel your pain brother.

Twenty minutes later after relating this to Bern...


"Where's Mommy?"

"She's buying some food with Liam. We're going to go get the pictures Daddy had developed."

Daddy stops, realizing he doesn't have his wallet.

Quietly, "Shit shit shit."

Equally quietly but in a 4 year old voice, "Shit shit shit."

You'd think I'd learn. Then it's back to the grocery store to find Mommy and Liam. She's already disappeared so I pull out my cell. You know what happens next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.