Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday Monday

And what a lovely morning it's been so far. The boys did not wake up until past 8. EIGHT. Connor was up just after and Liam didn't wake up until 8:30! Why couldn't they have spread that out a little? Like instead of waking up at 6:30 yesterday, maybe 7:15 and the same today? Too much to ask for? And, of course, the day they do wake up late, mom and dad both woke up early. Sigh. On the bright side, I did have time to make myself a cup of coffee and go back to bed and read for awhile. The hurricane force winds that are still going strong didn't even bother them. I'm thinking today will be an indoor day.

Bern is currently looking for something to bake while I eat left over congee for breakfast. Mmmm. The boys are keeping each other entertained. It's shaping into a relaxing day.

Another retraction involving last night's post on the creamsicle ice cream. It was great while I was eating it. Afterwards, however.... I'd liken the taste to boiled corpse and puddle water from a sugar cane field. I think ice cream makers need to make craving sized portions, like say the size of a yogurt container. Then you've got it out of your system and you're not stuck with the embarrassing task of disposing of the leftovers. Or, on the flip side, now you know you want to buy a bigger portion. Just a thought.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to doing... nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, my poor son, did you still think ice cream was still made of milk and real
    flavors. City boy, city boy-you're going to have to look at some of the cruel realities of life.
    others are:
    when you get past a certain age, tummy starts to decide what you`can eat.
    children sleeping in is a once in a year opportunity, make the most of it.
    Hope rest of day is great for you all. Wind howled up here last night, neighbor has tree on his trailer. m

    ReplyDelete

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.