Ok, first off, never nominate me for a blog award. I'm a total heel at following the rules and nominating other people like you are supposed to. Scratch that. Nominate me. I feed off your validation. It's a drug and I will whore myself for you.
Look at that pretty pink award! Bestowed upon me by the saintly Jen at Steenky Bee. How saintly is she? I shall erect (stop that giggling, I can hear you up here) a shrine in her honour. No, in her honor (to honor her Americaness). Hold on a second...there. How's that? I'm sure she'll be thrilled. And I'm sure I'll keep thinking that until the cease and desist notice arrives.
What can I say about Jen that hasn't already been said? I mean, you all saw the Congressional hearings, who didn't? My interview with Larry King, the Barbra Walters special, 60 Minutes. And yes, I would face those contempt charges again. She's worth it. She's more than just a crazy haired blog stalker, she's family. And once our children come of age we'll actually be family. And I meant Reesie and Liam, she still lives in Utah after all.
So the deal is, like all of these things, I'm supposed to nominate 5 others. Now this has proved a little difficult since Her Steenky-ness awarded just about everyone on Technorati, but through various means I managed to block a few personal favourites. So, in no particular order:
1. Tracy at Kaply Inc. For teaching me some of the coolest swear words ever. Your angst and bitterness humble me. I wish I could give you a kidney, but ever since I woke up in that hotel bathtub full of ice in Singapore, well... the less said the better.
2. ciii of The Goat and Tater. Now I'm a little hesitant about giving another man a pink award, but I'm hoping Goat and Tater will like it and he can just pretend it came from Jen or any other woman. And if he could show his appreciation by sending me some of the beer he's brewing...
3. 'That Girl' at Hey You! Remember Me? She writes some pretty amazing stories, and I have this new thing for Southern woman.
4. Apathy Lounge. She needs some love this week. She's a teacher and being treated like one. Check out her banner, way cool.
5. Ellie at Me and You and Ellie. Ellie's got a cool blog that she and two of her friends co-write. I'm hoping she'll poor me a beer one day.
I know, I can stop here, but I'm on a roll now so I have to share the love.
6. Mike from The Newborn Identity because his daughter Maddie's eyes are totally freakin hypnotic. I know, I'm giving another man a pink award, but he's got a daughter so it's all good. And Mike left a comment the other day which made me feel like less of a loser for not being able to edit video. Don't get me started.
7. Jett Superior from All Blogged Up And Nowhere To Go. Just cause she's way cool and her blog kinda intimidates me.
8. Jaime at Gimme the Juice. Go take a look at her banner. Right now!
9. Mary Anna at Random. You need some pink on your blog.
'You need some pink on your blog?' Sorry Mary Anna. Ok. It's like midnight now and I didn't sleep well last night. Can't tell from the quality of my writing. I know, it's a gift. Ok, one last to round out to ten.
10. I Wrote This For You. If you ever need a shot of feel good, check out this site. The guy who writes it lives in South Africa. He has a friend who lives in Japan. The guy in Japan takes photographs of whatever he wants and sends them to the guy in South Africa who writes down something...well, nice. I think the deal is that neither of them know what the other is doing, they just match them up. Maybe you should just check it out before I spoil it any farther.
Alright, I'm propping my head up with a roll of paper towel now so I'm leaving. I think I will invent my own award, so if you weren't included above don't worry, your love is coming soon. It will not be pink. Oh, and it will be mine so I'll freaking nominate EVERYONE and then I'll tell Jen she has to nominate another 20 people to get it and it will be SO COOL!
*And Jen, just in case you think I'm picking on you? If there isn't a video on the below when you check this, come back later.
**And even though I just noticed that I wrote 'on the below,' I'm not changing it!