Friday, July 16, 2010
Summer So Far
From left to right: The Source, Chaos, Pandemonium, and Havoc. (That was from Supreme Leader)
Loves and hates for the middle of July.
1. Fresh local fruit, like strawberries that actually look, smell and taste like strawberries as opposed to the frankenberries we usually get from California and Mexico that have the same taste and chemical composition of bubblewrap.
2. Wind. Not the wind that repositioned my gazebo last weekend, but the heavenly cool breeze that blows in my windows and patio door and makes everything right in the world.
3. Butterflies. What? You don't like butterflies? Hater.
We've had a butterfly bush in the front yard for about three years now and we're finally attracting the big beautiful ones and not just those little white ones that look like moths.
4. Singing loud in the car. The roar of wind through the open windows makes me sound better.
5. My new Adidas shorts. I don't know if they're supposed to be trainers or basketball shorts or whatever, I just know that I would wear them every day if I could. They are that comfortable.
1. The heat that keeps my little monkeys awake at night and turns them into raging homicidal maniacs during the day. Raging homicidal maniacs that can't hear, follow basic instructions or complete a sentence without trying to goad the other into a fight.
Fuck you, pollen.
3. Stories about people who leave children and dogs locked in parked cars during the full heat of the day. When I rule the world, the scales of justice will each hold an eye.
4. Reaping the benefits of Liam's dandelion collecting from last summer and this spring as we walked Connor to school and back. Thanks, buddy. Truly a gift that keeps on giving.
5. Sun tan lotion. I know it is important and yes, I do use it whenever I'm going to be outside for awhile, but I still hate it. I can't stand the feel of it on my skin. *body shudder*
Last Five Song Downloads
1. I Try - Ben Taylor (which you may recognize from the Cheerios commercial)
2. Happy - NeverShoutNever
3. Thinking Bout Something - Hanson (yes, Hanson. Bite Me, it's a good song, and the video is a remake of Twist It from The Blues Brothers)
(I got this off another blog about a month ago but can't remember which one. I know it was another daddy blogger though.)
Ok, I don't have five, but how about this? I posted it on my tumblr page the other day and then couldn't get the song out of my head.
*Update. It was Kevin at Always Home and Uncool. And you should check out his site if you haven't already, it's worth the trip. And while you're there you should click his Pepsi button to help the fight against JM.