Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random Tuesday: Allergy Edition

My wife woke up Sunday morning telling me about a dream she had of being chased by an evil Betty White who was attempting demonic possession on her. Job stress?

Random Tuesday, it's a hurricane of crazy.

randomtuesday

Because I love my son, I jumped in front of his allergy bus today. Its been running me over and over and over all day long. I'm snotty road kill. A snot martyr. Pounded by pollen.

Screw it, I'm posting a bunch of pictures.

I found this in a local newspaper last week while Supreme Leader and I were having breakfast. The picture was taken with my cell so its not the best quality but I don't think it takes anything away from the caption.



Breakfast of champions. Or Jedi. (via 1+infinity)



Portable picnic from Design Sponge.



A few weeks ago when swine flu jokes were still funny I took a Sharpie to a page in our home calendar and took a picture of it. Then I forgot about it.


Funny? Have I mentioned how well my 5 year old has picked up reading? Supreme Leader was very impressed to hear her first born work through that while she was making cookies. I think the phonetics helped.

I found a new website a couple weeks ago called Corkboard which is really helpful if you have short term memory issues like I do. "Corkboard helps you remember what you want. Whatever it is. Wherever you are." Basically, you get an email address you stick into your phone's memory and if you're out and see something and you don't want to forget about it, you send it to this page. Pictures, text, whatever. They even have something set up where you can send in the UPN or ISBN number of a product or book and the site will pull up info on it and send it to your page.

Finally, a quick message to Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow:



Ok, one last thing.



Ok, this was a train wreck. Head over to Keely's to see how it should be done. I'll stay here and get traded around Alergy Prison like a pretty boy on his first day in the yard.

35 comments:

  1. That last one. What the hell was that? Movie or series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I got farted at! Sa-weet! Tell the boys I am glad they like their hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That WAS a hurricane of crazy.

    If those inspectors take a firm hand, perhaps they should make sure its been washed first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best front page I ever saw was when The times had a picture of Alan Titchmarsh peering over a hedge (advertising a new show) but the title caption was "Paedophile on the loose". It was unfortunate, but funny nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS! Love the jedi Ceral, and that picnic may be just what i need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think grass is out to get me. I want to put in AstroTurf. But, the family is not buying it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had crazy dreams too! Wonder if Supreme Leader and I suffer from the same kind of stress?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO! A fart...gawd I miss my brothers sometimes! I sooooo remember the days of non-stop smelly boy smell throughout the house...farting in people's faces...burping contests...wait, that was just this past weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to check out the website. I can never remember anything and that sounds like just what I need. BTW, I take an antihistamine every day to ward off the allergies. You might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay - I think I need those portable picnics for my kids ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crap.... Just when I said I wasn't going to get hooked on any more TV shows because they take precedence to everything I NEED to do, you have to go and post this V thing on here..... THanks.

    No really, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pollen does suck. I'm feeling your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The newspaper headline is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah...V...not as scary as when I was a kid. I can't wait to see how they butcher the Nazism themes. Wo0t!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you have to tape for hours to get the kids to make fart noises, right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a prisoner to pollen today too. It does suck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was waiting for your boys to fall in :-( Very disappointed. Give them a push next time.

    And.. I would guess they were spitting in the water at the end? REALLY! You should have had a contest to see who could spit further. Why stop them? I mean who is the adult here? YOU???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Firm hand, bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

    I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're doing a remake of V? Holy heck that show scared me SO bad as a kid. I remember crying everytime that it was on. Oh and I had horrible nightmares. Didn't the have two sets of tongues in the original? *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool is that picnic in a suitcase...I have visions of me, hubby and the little one sitting around in our living room, all eating from a picnic suitcase!

    Do they have one of those corkboard thingys to install directly into someones brain? If so my hubby could use one of those.

    -your local (friendly) creepy stalker

    ReplyDelete
  21. That breakfast might be a bit crunchy for me, I'm already headed to the dentist tomorrow and I'd like to not have a repeat visit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Right there with you in allergic misery.

    Stormtrooper cereal - yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweetie, this did not update at ALL in my browser! So, I guess I get some randomness on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's all fun and games til the fake puking sends both boys over the rail.

    ReplyDelete
  25. When all else fails - there are always the pictures. Still - you did okay. I find the image of Betty White chasing the Supreme Leader VERY scary. Tell her I sympathise.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those stormtrooper heads are swimming in SKIM milk. Ew. Blue milk does not go well with stormtrooper white.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That picnic in a box is sweet.
    I got run over by the pee bus today. Potty Training a 2 year old in a public restroom. fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been in allergy prison for ages. I could make you my biatch, cause I'm like top dawg up in this place, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow...had no idea a new V series was coming out. Something for me to get addicted to. While everyone else is at the water cooler discussing dancing with the stars, I'll be wondering which of them is carrying the alien baby.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yo ... I'm a TV junkie ... so I'm not picky. V looks pretty awesome though. It has so many actors that I ADORE in it!!! I'm watching it ... train wreck or not. And, as a clerk for the railroad, I've seen a LOT of trainwrecks! Okay, not really but, it seemed to work there.

    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ya, great...thanks for sending the Allergy Bus over here...France is always way behind the rest of the world, but two weeks of the worst suffering in ten years let up for two days and now it's bloody well back...I should have bought stock in Kleenex & anti-histamine drug companies, I think there's a conspiracy somewhere b/c one doesn't work (the drugs) so I use a zillion of the other (kleenex) but for whatever retarded reason keep going 'round the vicious cycle. I think I actually wish a real bus might hit me!

    Btw, also check out Stickies (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stickies.html) my Mac came with it already loaded-you know that means it's cool ;) ...the hubby made me download it on our pc before though b/c he was having to come thru a curtain of yellow stickies to find me at my desk...they're great virtual now. Ok, taken up all your comment space now, enough verbal vomit, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.