Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day

Happy New Year's all. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves, whatever you did. Pretty quiet here. Glass of wine and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Hmm, speaking of wine, don't mind if I do. Thanks. Had planned on a bigger post this morning, but after the agony of cutting the boys' hair, going to the mall to pick up Bern's glasses and doing laundry as a means of avoiding the monstrous list of clean-up that needs doing, I'm exhausted.





Hmm... oh ya, resolutions. That's what everybody always wants to know. Let's see...

1. Fitness - I won't waste anybody's time by saying I'm going to get in shape for 2008. Whatever. What I will say is that I am GOING to be healthier. I'll try to exercise when I can. I will try to eat better. I will try and overcome my aversion to fruits and vegetables. I WILL avoid shit food. As in food packed with things that I can barely pronounce let alone have ever heard of.

2. Work on my communication skills - HAAhahahahahahaha! But seriously, I think I've become a bit of a recluse with my family and within my own head. Time to open up this chicken coop and shovel out some shit.

3. Writing - I've found, especially with this blog, that I really enjoy writing. It's fun and therapeutic so I think I'm going to do more of it. I've actually started writing a couple of short stories which will probably suck, but hey, the more I write, maybe the better I'll get. Hey, it can't be all that bad, you're still here and I've got my stat counter to prove it.

4. Um... that's enough for one year. Besides I still have start/finish every little fix it job in the house, finish my tattoo, figure out how to juggle school for two kids in a city that neither of us work in with only one car, explore new career opportunities and drastically reduce my debt load. It's enough.

What are you going to do? Seriously. Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.