Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Liam



Hello Liam,

That is a picture of you and your brother sharing a strawberry milkshake at the White Spot on New Year's Day 2008 and this, if all goes well, will be the first entry in a book about you. I had started a sort of scrap book thingy for your brother before he was born but I eventually gave up because I kept forgetting to update it. I had planned to do the same thing for you but never even got started. Just took too much time that I didn't have then. When I started your brother's book we didn't have a digital camera so I would have to wait until we got the pictures developed, then paste them into the book, write something, so on and so on. Doing it in a blog will be much easier.

You are two years old now. Which will also make this whole process easier since both you and Connor can be left on your own to play now and don't need constant supervision. Well, except when I have to come break up a fight or stop you from doing something dangerous. Which is most of the time. Ok, so this will probably be done either early in the morning before work or later at night after you've gone to bed.

You are a very entertaining little boy right now. You've learned everything twice as fast as Connor because you've had him to copy. Which would be great if that just meant walking and talking, but it also means all the bad stuff too. You get angry at the drop of a hat but at the same time you never forget to say "good-bye" to people or "good night" to Connor before bed. Connor, unfortunately, has to be prompted to say the same. And you are SO effectionate. You do these special little hugs where you're actually squeezing us and patting us with your hands. You won't really get this until you have children of your own, but trust me, when it happens you'll know what I'm talking about. It's the best feeling in the world yet at the same time it breaks my heart because I know it won't last. You'll get older and those hugs will come less and less. Probably the reason I try and hold you and your brother so much now and don't mind carrying either of you when you ask.

Ok, so this is the first entry. Haven't decided how I'll update, once a month, every three months, whenever you do something crazy? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, sailor. I love you long time.