I received a new award from Mama Dawg this week. It came with a meme that I promptly forgot about until I saw it again over on Unmitigated. I don't think this is the meme that was attached to mine, but just the fact that I'm responding to a meme is something. Not that I don't like them, I really do, I just suck at getting them done. I haven't even started the one Heinous sent me and I'm actually excited by that one. Doh! Steenky tagged me the other day too and I told her I was going to do it. That woman can throw down a stink eye so I'd... hey. Hold on a second. I've already mentioned three bloggers. Ha! You know,I'm a goodfather, but once I'm Blissfully Caffeinated this place turns into a 3 Bedroom Apathy Lounge. If I don't get my morning coffee I'm on the Edge of Insanity so Gimme The Juice and I'll go call my Vodka Mom for some Bad Karma. Hey, that's My Life In A Nutshell. Bwah ha ha ha haaaa! Two birds with one stone, baby!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags would be the environmentally correct answer, but I like the look of a nicely wrapped present. Plus, I live in a province whose economy is resource driven and forestry is our number two industry. Ok, that's not entirely true. Marijuana production would technically be our number two industry, but we're not supposed to advertise that even though we produce an exceptionally fine product. (Not that I've ever tried, just something you hear.)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Trees are not something we are going to run out of here. And we buy farmed ones. AND, when we're done, our fire department takes them in exchange for a charitable donation. Then they give you a really cool example of why it's important to keep them well watered.
3. When do you put up the tree? Uh? Don't really have a specific date. It'll be soon though.
4. When do you take the tree down? Again, it varies.
5. Do you like eggnog? I loved it when I was younger. I still like it, but only in small amounts, like an expensive brandy. Not that I drink brandy, it's just an example.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Can't think of anything in particular and I can't think of anything funny either. Ah hell, how about some whale blubber? Is that funny? My own sled dog?
7. Hardest person to buy for? Supreme Leader
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself. I always love whatever I get myself.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but we don't know enough people to send cards.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The decapitated head of my nemesis. Sure I was thrilled, but Christmas day in front of the family was not the place.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Die Hard. "Yippee-ki-yay..."
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Meh, whenever. Closer to the deadline the better.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely. Circle of life.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? One thing? Who wrote this? I don't know, how about Eggnog and Ginger Bread Lattes from Starbucks? Oooh! The cookies! I was thinking about the penguin and polar bear cookies at Starbucks with all that delicious icing, but then that made me think of Supreme Leader and her sisters who bake crazy amounts of cookies this time of year. Mmm, cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? WTF? People have trees without lights on them? Seriously?
17. Favorite Christmas song? This is a dumb question, I'm not picking just one.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We do one year at home and one year with my family in the interior, so both.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, and as an aside (cause it's what I do) I actually saw wild reindeer in the Arctic Circle in Norway. That was pretty cool. I'll never forget my friend jumping out of his seat (train) and yelling "Fuck me! That was a reindeer!"
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Whatever we got. I always feel bad for the angel though, that can't be comfortable.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning. Christmas morning before breakfast. We always open one present Christmas Eve though.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? PC assholes who deserve to be dipped in honey and staked to a fire ant colony for pushing 'Happy Holidays' on everybody. I'm not a religous person, but I'm celebrating CHRISTMAS motherf*cker! The only people I have EVER heard complaining about offending different religions and ethnic groups have been middle class white people. DIE!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Colour? How about all of them.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and graaaaaavy. I just quivered a little.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace, love, health & happiness. And two large screen plasmas (living room & bedroom), a new Mac, an Airbook for bed, a Canon Rebel, an iPhone, a Turbo Bentley and enough money to reno the house and take a trip to Europe while it's being done. Santa, baby.
And that is it for NaNotDoingThisAgainAnyMo. Oh, Friday pics shall live on. I knew people would be busy with the holiday and all, but I just wanted to see if I should keep doing it. This week: your ride. What do you drive. Car, van, truck, bus, motorbike, walk (send pic of shoes) whatever.
Endless robotic loop of a toy train
1 hour ago